How to apply
You will need to submit all of the following with your online application:
- Completed answers to all of mandatory fields* in the online application form
- Curriculum vitae including Academic and Clinical Practice achievement
- Professional participation profile
- Two Referee reports
- Statement addressing criteria
- Statement on how your study aligns to the spirit of the Nell Espie Study Grant
- Statement on how you will use the Grant funding if successful
- Description of current studies.
- Why you have chosen the particular study program.
- How you are going to use your future qualification to advance nursing/midwifery practice.
- What are your long term career aspirations.
To be eligible for this Grant you will need to:
- be a nurse/midwife who has Aphra registration with the NMBA (the Nell Espie Study Grant is a
Post Graduate Grant).
- have lived and worked in Tasmania as a nurse or midwife for two years prior to the application.
- The Grant will be presented at a professional meeting each year.
- The recipient of the Grant will be required to provide the Committee with a report at the
completion of the study.
- The report will be uploaded to the Nell Espie Study Grant page of the website with other past
- The award will be available to the recipient in October/November each year for use at an
- Study Grants are paid in one instalment to successful applicants.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications without supporting references will not be considered.
- The selection process may involve interviews.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right not to make a Grant in any one year.