How to apply
You will need to submit all of the following with your online application:
- Complete the answers to all the mandatory fields*
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional participation profile
- Two Referee reports
- Description of the proposed program or project (not exceeding 1000 words) together with supporting documentation or attachments
- Financial plan of the proposed program or project and itinerary
- A concern with an issue of contemporary significance to professional nursing and midwifery practice.
- How your proposed program or project will be of benefit to nursing and midwifery and the Tasmanian Community.
- A progressive professional portfolio of the applicant including clinical, academic and leadership achievement.
- How your proposed program or project aligns to the Mission Statement of The Returned Sisters Association of Tasmania Memorial Trust.
- A clear outline of the proposed project and its relevance to each of the above criteria.
To be eligible for this Grant you will need to:
- be a nurse or midwife who has Aphra registration with the NMBA (the Returned Sisters Memorial Grant is a Post Graduate Grant).
- have lived and worked in Tasmania as a nurse or midwife for at least five years prior to the application.
- The Committee may consider a second applicants project as Highly Commendable for the Returned Memorial Grant. However, may not be able to provide full Grant funding. The Highly Commended Grant may be awarded as:
- A standalone Grant, or
- The Committee may request the applicant to seek a commitment of partial funding by the applicant’s employer be pursued. The applicant will be required to seek partial funding from his/her employer. If this is refused by the employer or applicant, the applicant will be ineligible.
- The Grant will be presented at a professional presentation each year.
- The recipient of the Grant will be required to enter into a contract with the Committee to provide a report at the completion of the program or project.
- The report will be uploaded to the Returned Sisters Memorial Grant page of the website with other past recipients stories.
- The award will be available to the recipient in October/November each year for use at an agreed time.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications without supporting references will not be considered.
- The selection process may involve interviews.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right not to make a Grant in any one year.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.